Family Updates

Virtual Coffee XIII

It's Tuesday...
Time for some coffee with Amy of Lucky Number13. Check her out for more details...

Photobucket

If we were having coffee today...
I'd invite you over to keep us company while we try to get through a few hours of the morning before heading to the airport to pick up a certain Grammy...
I'd serve up some cafe mochas and marshmallows, the perfect start to any day!

Dec 5, 2010 002

If we were chatting over coffee this morning, I'd tell you about our weekend. The candlelight caroling was only part of it, we also hit up a trolley museum that the kids just adored. We went on a ride, Fynn held the tickets... and the kids got candy canes as we stepped off the big steps of the trolley. Fun time had by all :)

Dec 5, 2010 006

And if we were sitting at my dining room table, I'd confess that we're knee deep in our search for a new home. Our lease is up in February, and we're definitely moving. We just don't know where yet... so it's a period of waiting and searching and waiting some more. I have a few appointments lined up to see a few places this week {taking advantage of mom being here for a little under a week so I can sneak off and do the leg work without kids!!} and I'm keeping my fingers crossed. We saw a dud of a place last week... which was disappointing, but a good reminder that it's just the beginning of the search {and to not take kids with us... in case the place is, you know... filled with second hand smoke and overspilling litter boxes and there are three bunnies hanging out in the entry way... seriously... } and to try to enjoy the journey.

Dec 5, 2010 014

I'd probably tell you our plans for this week with mom, other than apartment hunting. We're going to bake cookies like it's our job, and fill the week with Christmas music and activities that scream CHRISTMAS MERRIMENT!!! and on Saturday, for the grand finale, we'll finally get our Christmas tree...

{needless to say, I'm not starting to pack up our little home until after New Years.. I've got to save my sanity somehow!}

Dec 5, 2010 026

And if we were sitting here today, I'd ask you what your traditions are this time of year... if you've been able to forgo the stress of the holidays for a little peace and joy and calm. I'm trying to embrace that, this year. I'm relishing sticky candy cane fingers and chocolate kisses after opening the advent calendars... loving that each morning Fynn asks if it's Christmas yet... the excitement.

Dec 5, 2010 031

If you were here, I'd probably have to end our coffee date a little earlier than normal, and we'd head out for the door at the same time as you... packing into the car excited kids who are bouncing off the wall waiting to see their Grammy... and I'd tell you that I just know I had so much more to tell you... . but it will have to wait.

And then I'd remember to tell you about a sign I saw over the weekend, while stopped at a stop light {talk about signs from above... ;)}

Dec 5, 2010 037

And on that note, I would say thank you for having coffee with me today. For being here.
Until next time...