Family Updates

Snowed in

Like so many others... today we're snowed in. Work was canceled for Lucas, so he's home, enjoying the wind and the snow and the giggles and hugs and board games a plenty.

It is the type of storm that brought fierce winds. Winds that keep my car cleared off, while piling snow on our neighbors car, at least two cars high.

Dec 27, 2010 027

Last night it sounded like a freight train was whipping past our building. I crawled into my two year old occupied bed near midnight. Even the flannel sheets were cold, except for the space surrounding my daughter. I curled up to her, warming myself against her jammies and putting my cold hand in her warm one... absolute bliss. The freight train lulled me to sleep, and we woke to white and wind and snow plows.

Dec 27, 2010 023

I'm huddled inside while the kids and Lucas play, knitting a new pattern while snuggled in blankets and a warm sweater. Waiting to warm my little ones and big one...