Family Updates

The night before four

Yesterday, we celebrated Fynn's fourth birthday with family.
Tomorrow, he will be four.
I can't even type that without tearing up...

Last year he chose to have a dinosaur cake, and I ended up in tears on the kitchen floor because of the undertaking. {it's quite the story, seriously, if you weren't around last year, make sure you check it out!}

This year... he chose a train cake. I picked up a mold, baked it, and decorated it according to Fynn.

I was nearly in tears, not from a disaster, but because it was exactly what Fynn wanted. And it was so Fynn. He loved it.

Here's his Rainbow Train cake:

Nov 13, 2010 001

He blew all the candles out by himself...

Nov 13, 2010 011

Tonight I'm flooded by memories and am amazed that I get to be the mother of such an incredible boy. A little boy who is very, very excited and ready for his birthday :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

{Guys, I just need to tell you... I'm so amazed by all of you who commented/emailed/etc... after I posted on Thursday. Thank you. From the bottom of my heart. I felt a little iffy posting it, but after I felt so much lighter, and you all helped. It helps to know that so many of us are going through so many things together. I'm going to address it later... but I spent the day at a writing workshop and am totally spent... more on that also another time... But I didn't want your kindnesses to go unmentioned. So again, thank you!}