Family Updates

Countdown to Christmas

And now the countdown begins.... I wish I could still get as excited about Santa and Christmas as I used to, to almost lose sleep at night and wake up at the crack of daylight. However, I do have two little nieces that eagerly tear through wrapping paper and long for a Christmas kitten. They often ask how many days are left until christmas, so I pulled out an unfinished wooden plaque and was lucky to find ornament shaped wood cutouts. I had the perfect sized stencils and the right colors of paint, so I added some nails at the end and now they can see how many days they must endure before Santa plummets through the chimney. Right now it may seem far away, but their aunt still has a lot of shopping to do!

Wooden Pieces/Plaque: $5.00
Paint, stencils, and nails: on hand

Total cost: $5.00
Similar product on Etsy: $20.00

My blog made it through the first cut for Top Blog! You can vote again this week, so please help my little blog out by going HERE TO VOTE! It will be on the right sidebar of the page! Thanks for your support!