Family Updates

Chicago Holiday


From my foyer table
This darling arrangement was left at my front door from one of my favorite brides!
Designed by A New Leaf one of my favorite Chicago Florists and Venues.
Candle by Chicago's Lovely Snow and Graham

Greetings from Chicago! I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and I'm sure by now in full swing with the holidays. We are spending the entire holiday season in Chicago and are so looking forward to it.

That being said, I decided to kick off the holiday season on the blog with a little Chicago Holiday tribute.

We have had an stellar start with friends- neighbors and enjoying the city. Last Saturday we went to the Magnificent Mile Lights Festival. We sipped spiced apple cider and had warm beignets from The Peninsula Chicago and watched the entire Avenue come to life with over a million lights. It is a full day of events and the The Trump Hotel on the Chicago River hosted a Reindeer on the River event with Live reindeer and hot toddies for the fireworks at the end of the night.

We spent Thanksgiving at the The Ritz Carlton Chicago- it was a great choice for us as I wanted to do something downtown that would be magical and filled with all of the traditional eats and treats!

Downtown looks stunning and there is just so much to do! And now that I realized I have mentioned almost every 5 star in the city, I'll save some more for another day.

We have many fun things on the agenda for the month to enjoy and post about, and I'm really enjoying seeing your blogs loaded with ideas and holiday spirit too!

I am most excited about the arrival of Blinkie- Jack is turning 4 and now really is ready to know all about him.

He's very special and started making appearances this year on Monday morning, (with the treaded back to school after a long holiday weekend blues), with a new set of holiday breakfast dishes set out and note... with that being said I know so many of you are familiar with Elf on the Shelf but before there was this game there was Blinkie. So I thought I would actually re-post an old post called Magic in My Mailbox that I wrote on Hemstitch and Hydrangea just before Jacks 2nd Christmas- ( he was only 3 weeks on his first). Its one of my favorite posts I have written, I hope you enjoy it and that it inspires you to create a magical experience, or new tradition in your home this year!

Happy Magical Season!