Family Updates

The Month IN Review

I have had an AMAZING October - even though I managed somehow not to share any of it on here. I found this gorgeous collage of images above on Apartment 34 and I just felt it really illustrated my mood about this entire month. I have been in the midst of a major life makeover and am just feeling really good. One of the first things of many on my list was to get back to blogging- so I feel ok that I got my blog makeover first and then moved on to so many great Fall projects and enjoyed so many things that I have been wanting to do.
(despite that I have not posted much now that they are complete I am sure I will be enjoying the new blog and inspired to write).

Since I last posted on October First, I have renovated my foyer, gone on a perfect Fall Weekend to DC and Virginia Wine Country, Seen My Sisters New Home in Alexandria, Re-Organized My Entire House, closets, drawers, basement, Made Massive Donation to a Shelter, Almost Selected my Logo for MY New Business that I am starting, Signed Up for French Lessons and the Alliance Fraincaise, and have Turned A Year Older to name just a few.

I am just feeling so good and happy. I wish I could bottle this up- but I know where it is coming from. I have been really focusing on balance. I mean really doing the work. Planning Ahead, Making Lists, Budgets, Being Realistic, Cleaning Up as I go and Getting Organized, Making the Time for the Workouts- Friends- I have also been learning to deal with emotions and feelings as they come and really focusing on being grateful by the minute. I finally feel like Im "In the Zone".

It's absolutely no coincidence that this coincides with doing yoga again and mixing up my workouts. I practiced yoga 5 days a week while in DC at Hot Yoga on Wisconsin Ave- it was my first experience with "real" yoga and instructors and I just love and miss everyone there. If you live in DC try them. Since I returned to Chicago I had not been going. Yoga has been the key to my life the past few years and if you can find a good instructor or school and commit to 30 days you're on the path to a life makeover of your own.

Whether its a closet, a new class, a dinner out with friends in a sequin skirt, a bottle of champagne on a Monday with a friend you have not seen "just because", or a morning at Whole Foods Coffee Bar with a notebook and a stack of their magazines- or a roadtrip to a nearby escape- I wish you a day that feels like a birthday soon and the balance to keep it going.

I also wish that for myself. I feel ready for so many great things to come now- in many ways on many levels- I am finally "Open for Business".

Tonight I am having a cocktail open house that I have been looking forward to- Its going to be really fun- I have tried new recipes- made most and they are amazing and tempting me like crazy because I know they are downstairs in the fridge. I will post the Who, What, When, Where, How and Whys... on Friday!

Cheers!

Anne