Family Updates

Sign of the Times

I am still getting adjusted to my new last name, and one thing that I have discovered that I love about it is the length! My maiden name was super long, so I decided to put the new short name on something! Remember a few days ago I received a super fun package in the mail? Well, I put my new fabric Mod Podge and fat quarters to work! There are a few things I am pining for to complete my living room. The most important is an end table that I so desperately need, and among the others is something with my new fun short name! So I pulled a trusty blank canvas out of my stash. I love using canvas for projects because of the depth and possibilities! Is makes a great base even if you aren't painting. As a side note, wait until these go on sale! I picked this up for half price!

I also dug through my fat quarters and found one that I think can be used for several seasons.

I got a set of wooden letters for a steal a while back, and have been waiting for the right moment to use them. So I painted them white and went to town with the fabric Mod Podge. I spread a thin layer over the entire canvas, including the sides, and wrapped it in fabric. It worked perfect! I am SOOO over spray adhesive. I am now in love with this little blue bottle! After everything dried, I glued the letters to the canvas and now I have a piece I can use during the holidays, during Easter, so many possibilities!

Letters: $4.00
Canvas: $3.50
Fabric: on hand

Total Cost: $7.50
Custom piece from home decor store: they don't make anything this cute!