Family Updates

Paper Towel vs Cloth Napkin

For this project, my husband declared me "crazy!" I asked him to please not throw away the cardboard innards of the paper towel and toilet paper rolls! "This one better be good," was his his only response. I truly feel that this one is good!

You probably throw these away very often, but I realized that this was a semi-sturdy piece of cardboard that was already in a shape that I could truly use! So I took it upon myself to cover it, wrap it, hide it from the world, while at the same time utilizing it for a fall display! I pulled together a few autumn scraps that seemed to be the perfect fit for this little instrument.

I found tiny pine cones, fall colored flower tops, and mini pumpkins. After disguising the cut up cardboard with the right flavor ribbon, I glued some autumn features on. Low and behold, there were six designer-looking napkin rings sitting before me...now I must go sew some cloth napkins!

Cardboard: Free!
Ribbon: On hand, or $0.99
Mini Fall Accessories: $1.99

Total Cost: $2.99
Autumn Napkin Rings In-Store: $19.99