Family Updates

HOWL-o-WEEN

I could not justify making a Halloween decoration in this heat until I went shopping and was bombarded by Christmas trees and stockings. I then decided that maybe it was okay to start gearing up for Halloween. I grabbed a few things at the craft store and went to work!
This project can be used for anything, from holidays to kid's rooms, and it is very easy! Start with a simple piece of wood in any shape or size. I found this piece on sale for $0.99 and it had some nice detail to it.

In addition, you will need enough fabric to cover the wood, as well as spray adhesive, coordinating ribbon, and some wooden letters. I chose a shiny orange material for a simple but bold look.

You can usually find wooden letters for next to nothing at a craft store, and paint them any color you like. Remember, paint on a magazine, NOT on newspaper...trust me!

The rest is a breeze! Spray adhesive works wonders for adhering fabric to wood and gripping details and corners, but you may want to secure it on the back with a staple gun. Glue the letters on, attach some ribbon (I used a staple gun here as well) and if you would like, add some other details. Now you have an adorable decoration that hangs nicely on a wall, a doorknob, or anywhere else you can think of! I can't wait for Christmas now!

Wood: $0.99
Fabric: $0.75
Letters: $2.00
Ribbon: $0.50

Total cost: $4.25
Similar Decor in Craft Store: $19.99