Family Updates

Catch-All Centerpiece

Through all of my fall projects, I have some things the were unused or leftover, and my dining room table was looking bare. I bought a stem of large, bold flowers, gathered some odds and ends, and found an old vase in the closet. Not everyone has a plethora of autumn scraps laying around, so one good place to check is the dollar store. I found this bag of mini gourds there!

The dollar store is also a great place to find cheap flower stems and leaves, if you need some lower quality things to destruct. They can easily be dissected. I removed these beautiful leaves for the look I needed.

I mixed the gourds, the leaves, and some Spanish moss together to fill the vase completely full. I also removed everything from the stems of my big bold flowers so they would easily be disguised and covered by the moss. TIP: I would splurge a little on the flowers, since they are the star of the show! Everywhere you look into the vase, there is a tiny pumpkin or an autumn leaf peaking out at you. This is a great seasonal look for less!

Mixed gourds: $1.00
Leaves: $1.00
Moss: $0.50
Flowers: $3.00
Vase: On hand

Total Cost: $5.50
Similar Fall Arrangement in Store: $23.00