Family Updates

Gift Box...Hat Box

A few days ago, someone mailed me two round boxes, with faith that I could transform them into something. Today, I was browsing through one of my favorite stores, and I saw some really cute hatboxes in different sizes, shapes and patterns. The fact that they were WAY overpriced but adorable at the same time gave me some inspiration!

I have a brown leather ottoman that doubles as my secret stash of all things crafty. You can find anything in there from glue sticks to felt, so I dug through it until I had the goods I needed to make these boring boxes bold. I used fabric, paint, paper, and little brown flowers until I felt the job was done. Here are my new hatboxes, and I didn't have to spend a dime!

Boxes: FREE!
Embellishments/Fabric/Paper: $1.00
Paint: On Hand

Total Cost: $1.00
Similar hatboxes at craft store: $10.00 per box