Family Updates

Open

I'm not one for silliness.

Truthfully, I have a hard time letting go of my inhibitions and just being... fun. Or funny. You see, I don't think I'm funny at all {though a close friend recently told me she thought I was hysterical, and that seriously made my day... } and more often than not when I deliver a punch line I'm the only one laughing.

So generally, this is what you'll see from me:

June 27, 2010 014

Which is fine. It's safe.

But I'm trying. For me. I'm trying to be silly. It's in me, somewhere. And sometimes, when I open up and see myself for all that I am, I can be silly. When I don't care if I'm the only one laughing - as long as I'm smiling.

It happens when I'm with my kids; for them I can be silly. With them I'm me. They see it all, good and bad. We're together more than we're not.

And starting this week? I'm going to be more open to the silly faces. The whims that come to mind that I normally dismiss. Creative ones. Silly ones. Eccentric ones. Even when we're not at home. On the beach, on the playground, in the grocery store and at playdates. Because they make me giggle, and occasionally down right belly laugh. And my kids love it. They love me if I'm smiling or not, but it's more than obvious when we're being silly, when we're being us.

I'm open to embracing the parts of me that need work, and cherishing what beautiful things happen. While it might often be messy, this me thing, it's a process, and it's good.

June 27, 2010 023
June 27, 2010 024
June 27, 2010 025
June 27, 2010 026
June 27, 2010 022
June 27, 2010 029

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Sunday Creative

I'm linking up with Maegan's extension of Creativity Boot Camp: The Sunday Creative. This weeks prompt: Open.

**and I have to share - the flower headband was inspired by Kelle at Enjoying the Small Things. She made them for her daughter and herself, and I had to try... glue gun and everything {and Paige loves hers! Pictures soon hopefully!} I'm completely in love with Kelle's blog. She's inspirational, and everything from the playlist on her site to her photos to her beautiful daughters makes me happy. And we could all use a bit more of that...

**also, I'm hosting this weeks Bigger Picture Moment... so start opening {did you see how I did that? Open? Today's prompt? Funny... no?} your heart and eyes to find your bigger picture moment and come HERE on Thursday to link up!