Family Updates

Ivory

As most of you know, I'm participating in Maegan's Creativity Boot Camp. Today was the first day, and while I'll leave the journaling aspect private, I'm excited to share my creative works. I might not share them all, but I have a feeling that over the course of the Boot Camp my blog fodder will be Maegan's prompts.

I chose writing for my medium. And I'm not going to say it will all be non fiction or fiction or a combination... and unless I feel it needs complete clarification, I'll leave it up to the readers imagination to decide which is which ;)

Today's prompt was Ivory.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I remember taking long baths with a bar of Ivory soap. Running the bar over my legs, softening them and prepping them for the razor.
Long swipes up and away.
Touching skin gently, nicking occasionally.
The magically comforting scent of home. The bar always rounded, even after breaks, the smell always soft.

I remember leaning back and feeling the heat of the water, the steam on my face and beads of sweat dripping into my eyes.

Heat and water and salt and calm and soft.

Lather and massage and razor and rinse and repeat.

I remember the film that was always left on my skin after each rinse. A reminder. A hope. A dream. The smell of soft and home lingering as I made my way back to wherever I slept. Home ~ a feeling as present as gentle breezes felt on an apartment porch. Overlooking a bleary present, a distant plan.

An ancient hope resurfacing, through the film of Ivory.