Family Updates

Heavy Metal

Today is Day 4 of Creativity Boot Camp
The Prompt: Heavy Metal

June 9, 2010 029

On our way through the orchard, to fields of ripe berries and cartons of sweetness, there's a scrapyard. Old farm equipment, gated off by yellow rope. They sit and wait for wildflowers to make them a fluffy resting spot. The blossoms fill the rusty holes and lighten the mood.

Fynn laughs as I stop, "You can't go in there Mommy! You're silly!"

I tell him I'm taking pictures to remember the moments we liked about today.
{and for the record, I didn't go in there, I went up to the yellow rope}

I like the old metal. The bits of history, rusty and full of stories. Years of tilling and whatever else farm equipment is used for.

The machine aches to be used. But it sits. Waiting for oil. Waiting for attention. Waiting for a little love in form of WD-40.

Scraps of heavy metal, melted into handles and cogs and wheels.
Wondering if it will return to it's original state.
Waiting for its time, knowing it has passed.