Family Updates

Silly gifts & chances of rain

This morning we headed up to my inlaws for our weekly visit. We parted ways with Lucas in the parking lot as the kids and I embarked on a sunny adventure while my husband {who is sick yet again... } headed to the doctor's for antibiotics and heavy duty cough medicine.

I wish he could have joined us and sat in the warm spring sun to dry out and soak up some love.

But I wouldn't trade places with him ;)

April 8, 2010 008

The ride up is always nice. The kids are in great spirits in the morning, Paige babbles about her Papa {with whom she is a wee bit obsessed... } and Fynn waxes poetically about trees and train tracks. Today was a little unusual in that Paige fell asleep on the way up. Fynn just looked out the window. It was quiet.

Which was nice.

April 8, 2010 009

I pulled out some old mix cd's that I had made pre-kids, even pre-Lucas... mid college... and sang along {which was quite the feat as sore throats and stuffy noses don't lend themselves to car singing... } So many songs I had forgotten about, so many memories brought back. I could have spent the entire day using those cd's as writing prompts, but instead wrote quick sentences down on Starbucks receipts at red lights to jog my memory at a later time.

April 8, 2010 021

This week has been really good. The kids have been getting along. Playing together. That in itself could make my year.

I haven't had a week as good in a long time. And the weird thing is that I'm worried I'm not doing something right, that this must be a fluke. Realistically I know that these ups are going to get me through some very difficult times. I know that there will be ups and downs, but I think I'm getting somewhere if I'm able to enjoy the ups.

April 8, 2010 022

I'm laughing more with my kids than before. I'm seeing them for who they are, not who I want them to be. I'm being gentle with myself for once. And I'm loving it. All of it. Today's silly gifts and tomorrows chance of rain.

More to come from those cd prompts... soon hopefully ;)