Family Updates

A second chance for a white dress

A while ago Melanie from Queen of the Park asked if there were any local bloggers who would be interested in participating in a Trash the Wedding Dress photo shoot. The shoot would involve dawning a wedding dress and posing in places you wouldn't normally wear a wedding dress...

Pretty much an excuse to play dress up.

I was immediately interested.

Sunday we met up on the NH coastline, me with my wedding dress and Melanie with a camera. Meeting her was like meeting with an old friend. There are people who you click with instantly, and she was one of them. This blogging thing is funny, you get to see peoples insides, their deepest thoughts and emotions, and by the time you see them face to face you already have this wonderful connection. Instantly I knew she got me, life, and creativity.

And within moments we were laughing and being silly and having fun in the sand and sun.

And through our chatting and womanly giggles, she managed to capture me. And even us {my husband and myself} and what I had wanted to capture on our wedding day, nearly five years ago. But The photos I have from that day... well... they left a bit to be desired. I have only a handful of photos that I cherish.

Our wedding was wonderful, but if I were to do it all over again it would be me and him and the beach {and family, of course... } As with any wedding there were crazy circumstances that surrounded it. A last minute choice for a wedding photographer, a bridesmaid pulling out two weeks prior to our day, a dress purchased days before the wedding... we all know how it goes! Weddings inevitably bring drama, which is always unnecessary.

With all that in mind, I put on my wedding dress. I felt those emotions, a little raw on the drive up, but after we started shooting, they softened into laughter and smiles {the occasional pensive artistic look... } Melanie was able to give me a little bit of peace in regards to my memories and our wedding.

Which I hadn't realized I needed.

And she did a fabulous job. I can't stop looking at the pictures, and thinking about Lucas's huge smile as we sat and tried to decide which ones were our favorites.

You can check out the rest of our photo shoot at Melanie's Flickr site. Thank you, Queen of the Park, for a truly wonderful afternoon!