Family Updates

I am that mother

I am the mother that runs with any adventure that comes to mind when the temperature is expected to hit 50 degrees
{actually, 60 degrees, in Maine, at the beach, in MARCH! Praise God!}

March 6, 2010 033

I am the mother who is deeply in love with her husband
A man who goes along with said crazy adventures, even when they include keeping children off of gigantic appealing rocks which they could dive off of into the Atlantic ocean...

March 6, 2010 058

I am the mother who takes photos of benches with one hand
while being dragged to another stepping stone with the other by an angsty three year old

March 6, 2010 059

And I am most definitely the mother who can recognize when in the presence of something greater than my worries, my fears
who recognizes good for the soul days

March 6, 2010 088

I am the mother who cries tears of joy when the three year old finally has a good time on a beautiful spring day

March 6, 2010 111

I am the mother who not only lets her kids feet get wet
but who smiles and laughs
who encourages taking pleasure in the first dip of the year
{take a moment to enlarge this photo and look to see just how soaking wet Fynn got... }

March 6, 2010 127

And I am the mother takes photos
{and possibly laughs a little too hard... }
while the father is scooping up the toddler
who got caught off guard and did somersaults in the waves
fully clothed
leading to a beach full of laughter and smiles

March 6, 2010 132

I'm happy and thankful to be that mother
Today and always

**editing to add... I know that some of the photos I'm adding are getting cut off on the right hand side. I'm hoping when the new blog design comes in that will be remedied, but in the meantime you can click on the photo and it will take you to the full shot. So sorry for the inconvenience! Also... I'm thinking of changing the commenting format to Disqus... so get ready for a little more change in the coming days!**