Family Updates

Juice boxes and determination

Apparently, she now does juice boxes. Out of no where, never having used a straw, she picked up Fynn's juice box and went to town.

Nov 10, 2009 001

Such a big girl. I think her motto is the jingle "anything you can do I can do better... " We had to teach Fynn how to use a straw (as I've heard others had to do as well with their kids... he was not some sort of inept straw user or anything... ) but not Paige. Like so many other things, she just gets it. Or rather, tries until she gets it. On her own, of course. She slides down the tallest slides by herself these days, crosses rope bridges - on her hands and knees if she has to, has more of whatever snack or dinner Fynn is eating, just because he has it. And she has to do it, all. by. herself.

Nov 10, 2009 003

Determined and fiercely aware that she can do anything she puts her mind to. I didn't realize how early that could start... both of my kids are strong willed, but Paige blows Fynn right out of the water in terms of self-sufficiency. Is it the girl thing? I'm not sure. Whatever it is, it's giving her so much personality and character. I'm convinced she'll be using the potty like Fynn in a matter of months, as she's already frustrated she can't right now. She tries to get up there, but there are some things I'm just not willing to let go yet. She is only 15 months. 15 months going on 17 years. She blows us away.

Nov 10, 2009 005