Family Updates

Enjoying the scenery, with sniffles

Yesterday was the first day in... days... we could get outside and enjoy the fresh air. The kids were bouncing off the walls, Fynn was begging to go outside. We promised several times.

And then someone woke up with a sore throat. And that someone got sicker with every minute. But he still came out with us for our hike, because fresh air does a body good (and unless you have a fever, in this house, you go outside when you can. Now, when I'm the one who's sick I like to stay in bed and have soup and cocoa brought to me while I hide with books and movies... but I appreciate a push to get fresh air because it helps. Really. Remind me in another day that I said that)

We like this specific walk because we see the commuter rail, even on Sundays. Fynn loves seeing just the train tracks, so you can imagine his delight when we actually see trains (forgive me if I've said that before about this hike... my brain... not so good... )

On said walk, we pass by a farm, and they are already getting into the spirit of Christmas. The small touches bring such joy to my heart. Nothing is prettier than red berries nestled in with greens.

Festive, merry, full of spirit.

And those festive thoughts will help to get us through the next few days. Because as of about 5pm yesterday afternoon, we all have sore throats and sniffles... heads that are clouded over in nothingness. All of us seem a little zomby'ish, even the ones with normally endless amounts of energy.

Though you would never have guessed that we were all coming down with stinky colds during our walk. It was a beautiful day, even when the day ends with stuffy heads, days full of fresh air are always close to perfect.

***Special note... today marks the last day of November, which means the last day of NaBloPoMo! I made it... and am proud to say that I posted {at least} once a day for 30 days. While I can't say I was ever at a loss for inspiration, there were days when posting on here wasn't on the top of my fun things to do list. It was a great exercise to keep the words flowing, even on days where I just didn't feel it. Congrats to all who participated, the month is over! :)

*****Other note. I wrote this post last night, for today. And now, we are definitely all sick. Snot flying, laying on the floor doing nothing kind of sick. Blah. And really, I don't know why I feel like I need to share that. Expect to inform you to keep your expectations for this blog low for the week... .