Family Updates

Common thread

In a wildly sentimental moment today I started looking through old posts at our original blog, The Story of Fynn & Paige. I started at the beginning, with the funny stories of our day to day life with just Fynn. I smiled, got a little teary, and remembered all that I haven't thought about in months, if not years.

As I looked at Fynn's baby pictures I saw him. But I also saw Paige. It's one of the funny things about having multiple children, seeing them in each other. They are their own individuals, without a doubt, but there is a common thread. In photos they share the same glorious kissable baby cheeks, and they have the same face when they are captured laughing uncontrollably. And the mischievous smile... that's the same.

And then there's parts of Fynn that are entirely his own. Like his gaze. And his pout. Those are just Fynn.

Paige has looks her very own, Fynn was never quite as strong willed and full with... we'll call it passion. She also has her own gaze. With eyes more like her father's, a subtle hazel that changes with the light, where Fynn (and mine) are unquestionably blue.

But they sleep the same way. With those cheeks calling out to be touched and kissed even when you know you could risk waking them. But you have to. Ask my mom, she's almost woken both my kids up for the same reason I do it myself. Those cheeks!!

Sometimes I need to be reminded to look past their common thread, but I hold onto it because as time goes by the thread gets tighter and thinner. It runs taught between the two of them. It might take longer to find it, as their own personalities are growing larger than life, but it will always remain.

Fynn

Paige