Family Updates

Decorating advice?

I'm going to lay it all down on the line here. I need help. Serious help.

My living room is a disaster. It wasn't so bad when I thought we might be moving, or when we still had the tv... but since we decided to stay, and there's a big empty spot since we decided to go tv free, I just hate the room. So I need advice. I'm desperate to change it, to make it pretty, since we spend most of our time in there. The toys have to stay, as there's nowhere else for them, and my husband wants to keep the tv stand for the other electronics that we need stashed away from little hands. The only thing I'm not willing to do is paint the walls because in another year I'd have to paint them white again.

I would love some advice, any advice! I'd love suggestions, ideas, tips, especially ones that keep a minimal budget in mind... anyone?

Oh - and these pictures make the room look way smaller than it actually is. But it makes it look like how I see it through my eyes at this point. Not pretty in the least. HELP!!!

Nov 12, 2009 010
Nov 12, 2009 011
Nov 12, 2009 012

And for the record, I like the rest of our place. The bedrooms are big, there are two bathrooms, the kitchen is full of cabinets... and all the other rooms are well decorated (I think at least!). It's just this one room. Help! Help! Help!