Family Updates

"You had it in you all along"

Today is the first day of my Birthday Week-
This week as I prepare to turn 35 on Wednesday! A milestone birthday of sorts- I want to give myself the gift of a week of self love-hope you all will join me on it and check in for a week of shared inspiration, favorite quotes, stories, whatever-

I dont have as much right now in the past material wise- but I am wealthier than I have ever been-

I went to yoga yesterday as I do every Sunday morning, and our class started with our usual dedication for the day and practice. I was really hoping it would be something good that I could grab onto for my weeks "mission"- and ... it was...

Dee Dee my great yogi teacher had us close our eyes and focus on giving to ourselves- love this! So here was are visualizing 2 women in yoga- both in the same perfect LuLu Lemon Yoga Outfit, both drove to class in the same Range Rover, both left the same price house- but one is happy in her yoga pose and the other is too busy looking at others wanting her pose to look the best....she goes on to explain that the difference between yoga class and stretching class, is the intention you bring. So true! So that totally applies to life then to right- any every interaction we bring....she went on to say that we all have the power in us to create our own happiness and provide ourselves with everything we would ever need. Isnt that empowering-

The greatest present we can give to ourselves is realizing that the power and control to have everything you need to, want or desire is within you.

As Glenda the good witch says to Dorothy, "You had it in you all along".

Celebrate this in yourself and wherever you are on your journey take some time today and this week to honor yourself and whatever your next goal.... waiting for baby number 2, teaching at a a new school in Vermont, going back to work full time, starting a cupcake business in VA, just graduated from Law School, a fabulous interior designer staying in touch with family in AZ...you have it in you to be the best person you can be.

So for today- lets love our selves and know we have it in us to have what really matters and forget the rest.

Happy Birthday to Liz and Lauren- two dear girlfriends who share this birthday week with me.

xx Anne