Family Updates

Thanks to the Hostess/ hostess gift idea

When I go out of town to stay with someone, I try to buy a card prior so it is not a struggle looking for one while I am there. I like to leave it somewhere for the host to find once I have departed. Also like to find a really creative and special gift for them as well- sometimes its fun to present it during your stay, but Iove leaving surprises for them to find once I have left.

I just stayed with my little sis in DC for the wedding as I mentioned in yesterdays post about the wedding...

My sister is a Republican Lobbyist and just got a new office and said the walls were bare.

I bought her 2 old New Yorker cover prints. I found one cover from Regan's Election with the Donkey painting a portrait of the Elephant. The second print was the Elephants wide - eyed with a bit of hesitation as they prepared to cross the Brooklyn Bridge into NYC for the Republican Convention in NY. This was the first election that my sister campaigned for and she was at the Convention for the week working and hostig events for her former firm. That week and the experience with it has a lot of meaning to her and I love that I was able to find both-

Happy decorating your new office E ! I love you!

P.S.

The ones I got for Jacks room are below- Mommy could not come home empty handed you know.