Family Updates

Summer 2007, a Fond Farewell

I hope everyone has a great weekend and enjoys reflecting on what was hopefully a great Summer.

I had a great Summer in Chicago, and realized first hand why they say there is no place like it in the Summer- it's true-it is such a happy city, with great people that it is impossible not to have fun, enjoy, play and talk to and meet people- the life of the city is all around you! I thought I would reflect a bit this evening on what I will remember in the future when thinking about the Summer of 2007...

Most importantly, Jack had his first Summer- and we had a great time together. We walk Brennan daily all over the park and he loves the dog and swings. He smiles all of the time with so much joy that he cracks himself up- he loves the Kids Club at our gym, swimming, and mimicking faces and actions. He also loves reggae and Nelly Furtado. He waves as of this week and hold his hands up when I go to take off his shirts- its all so fun and cute and I am so in love every day and will always remember this special time with him.

This summer was also a huge Summer for me health wise- I have never mentioned this on my blog, but I was not healthy after I had Jack-- I had 22 hours of labor which ended with an emergency cesarian. I could not walk at all afterwards and barely could hold him when he was born because I had severe nerve damage in my femural nerve. My resting heart rate was extremly low at 44 for weeks, and I had floating spots of light in my eyes that started after the delivery.

I had no family here, or help other than my husband and Martha- the temporary nanny we hired to help me while I recovered who I credit with leading me to the life I have now and changing my life forever....

It was just the 3 of us from the day we brought Jack home.

All of this was so concerning and depressing, here I am in a strange city in the cold with a little one and a husband that travels all of the time for work. I sat in bed on New Years Eve addressing Jacks birth annnouncements and started to cry- then I looked at my husband and said this is going to be MY year. I am going to beat all of this and be healthier than ever before.

I am so pleased to end this story to date by sharing with you all that I have slowly worked on this resolution for 7 months now- as soon as the Dr cleared me to go back to the gym. I have worked out and gone from barely being able to walk, to light jog, to struggling running the block, to running for an hour- to now training for a tri athalon next Spring! This Summer I averaged 5 days a week working on this and really feel like I have accomlished a gift I will never take for granted again. Being able to run and play with Jack as he growns can and will happen.

This HAS been MY year so far, and I cant beleive it has actually happned!!- I share this hoping that if anyone out there is looking for a change, any kind of change, that I know we have the power in ourselved and with Faith, that we can get there. The year prior was the worst year of my life and with the love and support of my husband I am healthy, and we have grown together and to love this city and most of all our precious son and get to be thankful everyday for our health.

Lastly and on a lighter note,
I started my blog this Summer on Memorial Day weekend. I was looking for ideas for businesses and had no clue what a blog was when I googled Preppy and Chicago, and up came Tres Poshe Preppy's blog.
I have enjoyed it so much- I want to thank all of you for inspiring me to start it and keep it up-from that I have been taking photoshop classes to try and get a little better at it.
Thank you E- for being an online friend and for your inspiration and welcoming me into this fun world of blogging. It has been so good for me and I look forward to it every day.

To everyone-
Here is to a fun Fall season ahead- with all of the great thing we all share of our lives together. I love it all- the stories, the things to buy, the latest preppy purchses, the advice, the daily fun and banter and jokes- and all of the holiday stuff to look forward to!

Have a great weekend closing out Summer of 2007 in style and recalling your memories with a toast!

Cheers!

Anne