Family Updates

A Sunday Shore Tradition...Farmstand Chopped Salad

Last evening I was trying to think of what to make for dinner. We got Jack and Brennan together for one last walk to the park and I knew when we returned home we would be ready to eat and so I just put some chicken with Thyme and a little garlic and olive oil in the over and thought it will be ready when we get back and then I can just throw something together.

While we were out I started thinking about the end of Summer and Sunday drives back from the beach stopping at a Farmers Market and having the produce to remind you of the beach all week long.

When I returned home I started fishing through the fridge because I knew right away what I wanted for dinner and plain chicken and veggies was not going to cut it anymore.

I pulled out 2 hardboiled eggs, radishes, cucumber, corn, red, yellow and orange heirloom tomatoes and chopped them.
Then I boiled tiny red potatos crusted them with a little egg white in sea salt and Old Bay tossed them under the broiler for 5 minutes to get them crispy.

I was out of olive oil for dressing so I tossed a big spoonful of dijon into Newman's Own Vinaigrette and then sliced up a watermelon into little wedges and drizzled it with some honey.

When my husband came down from putting Jack to bed- he could not beleive what I had whipped up- neither could I.
Its those unplanned but quality things that you find and do that bring opportunities to enjoy the season and memories.

Try it- its easy delicious and super healthy too!