Family Updates

"All of Me"

I remember the day I learned about ''someone famous'' who had a child with HLHS, just like Tyler. It was a day or two after their little boy was born; I had 97.3 K-LOVE tuned in on the car radio and the disc jockey at the time was talking about Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. I couldn't believe my ears -- "Did I just hear what I thought I just heard?" I thought to myself... I kept listening and listening, and then this one song began to play. It was a beautiful song. A special song. One written just for this little baby... So, I never did figure out ''who'' had HLHS at that particular moment, sitting there in the car, but later that day after a bit of google searching, I found out it it was the newborn son of Matt Hammitt (lead singer for Sanctus Real - a Christian band). They have a blog too: www.bowensheart.com.
Below is a link that takes you to a short video Matt made to explain the story behind the song "All of Me"-- the song he wrote for Bowen, when they found out they were expecting a baby with HLHS.
Matt says it all. -----> http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=FFF1FJNU Enjoy!