Family Updates

Crocheted Baby Blankets and Bibs

I feel that it is time to start showing off some of baby Colton's things. I still have a little work to do on the nursery itself, and I will do a big reveal on that, but there are so many adorable items in the nursery, I just can't wait to share!

One thing that I love and that is homemade is this beautiful crocheted blanket from Auntie Em's Etsy shop. It is so soft and so well made that I am going to be a little sad when it gets dirty. However, it came with easy care instructions. It also came as a set with this adorable bib!

The talented and sweet owner of this shop, Mayrene, told me a little about herself after I got my set in the mail, and I wanted to share some of it with you...

"I have done in-home licensed childcare for almost 31 years (YIKES!). I have made blankets for many, many babies and children who have been in my care, and even some of the special moms that I've had. I have made blankets for all of the newborn babies in our church for the past 13 yrs. I usually like to make them in the fall/winter months when it's cool out, and am especially active at it during football season. I'm an avid football fan and feel guilty wasting all that time glued to a TV, so if I'm being productive working with yarn then it's not so bad! For many years I donated my blankets to children's centers/abuse homes and still do when I have a good supply. I've taken to liking the bibs - work up quicker and it's something I can do no matter the hot or cool weather."

Umm, how can you not automatically love this woman?! Here is a sneak at some of her other work, which can be found in her Etsy shop, Auntie Em's:

This is part of a baptism, christening, or blessing set for baby. Go see what else she does! You will be in awe!