Family Updates

Honey Poppyseed Fruit Salad

Many people have asked what I have been craving during my pregnancy, and most of them proceed to tell a story of their cousin or their friend's sister who ate Ramen noodles mixed with peanut butter or pizza covered in Doritos. I, however, cannot get enough fruit. Yes, I know that's boring and not at all shocking, but fruit is what I have wanted more than anything. So today I will share with you a fruit salad recipe that is a wonderful summertime treat, especially because I am able to get many of these ingredients fresh right now.

You will need:

1 lb. strawberries
3 kiwi
1 apple
1 lime
1 can pineapple chunks
1 can mandarin oranges
2 tbs honey
2 tsp poppy seeds

Drain the oranges and pineapples, and set aside. Wash and cut the strawberries, kiwi, and apples into small bite sized pieces. Mix all of the fruit, except the lime, together in a large bowl. Cut the lime, and use either a hand juicer or a strong grip to squeeze the lime juice into the honey. Mix lime juice and honey well. Pour this mixture over the fruit and stir. Lastly, sprinkle the poppy seeds onto the fruit and stir. Serve and refrigerate leftovers.

Feel free to mix up the fruit you use! Try grapes cut in halves, peaches, or anything your heart desires!