Family Updates

Recently...
July 18, 2011 008

I was able to catch up on a lot of knitting this weekend... I finished a custom order that took all of my knitting thinking brain power... and it was lovely to knit, but now I'm able to focus on some little projects and simple bigger projects and do some easy knitting. With easy knitting I'm able to hold some space for meditations, prayer, whatever you want to call it...

I've also been able to catch up on some reading recently. The Bible has been calling, and I'm thankful to oblige. Little by little, it stirs my soul and settles my mind all at the same time.

There's a certain calm that comes when reading His word. And starting to trust in it.

This passage struck me as soon as I read it, and nearly a week later I'm still mulling it over, repeating it, saying it as a prayer of sorts...

Many are the plans in a man's heart,
but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails.
Proverbs 19:21

Whether or not you believe in God, that's up to you. But you can't deny the fact that trusting that the universe, the earth, mother nature, spirits or God has a plan... that's something.

And it helps me sleep better at night. I can't look past the beauty in whatever helps me be at peace.