Family Updates

Sew Much Fabric... Vinyl Wall Art

I know, I am late jumping on the vinyl art bandwagon. But I don't own any fancy machines. I want fancy machines, but my budget does not want them. I have a room in my house that is about three hundred square feet all to myself. Five windows, sliding glass door, french doors to the living room, roll top desk, sewing machine, television, tables, bins, paint, fabric, and, well, you get the point. It is a dream room for people like me. So I have been sprucing it up a little, and I got my very first vinyl wall art from Signs by CJ. This stuff is a little tricky to put up, only because you have to be super careful. So I taped, re-taped, moved it, took it down, and adjusted until I was happy with where it would go.

And after I got the hang of peeling and sticking, it looks great, right above my shiny Singer sewing machine. And yes, I know, I need to use that machine to get some curtains on those windows! That's my next major project! But for now, I will take advantage of the natural light that flows through the room.

I now officially need want a vinyl cutting machine! But for now, purchasing pre-cut vinyl is still way more affordable than attempting to paint something like this own my own. And then repaint. And then hire someone to fix it. I got a great deal at Signs by CJ, and have tons of ideas floating around in my head now!