Family Updates

Pound for Pound Challenge

So if you watch The Biggest Loser you probably know about the Pound for Pound Challenge. I skipped watching last season but decided since I am into my workout again that I needed to watch it. I like seeing how hard the contestants work to get to their goals. And I even get work out ideas from watching it.

I am excited that I have decided to participate in the Pound for Pound Challenge. What this means is you pledge to lose so many pounds and for every pound you pledge The Biggest Loser will donate a pound of food to a food bank.

Of course you can pledge to lose the weight but never actually get to your goal. It would be easy to do that actually. But that is not what I am going to do. I have pledged to lose 30 pounds and plan to do so. It's funny because I have only been running for about two weeks but can see a total difference in the way my clothes feel. Sitting here typing this I also realized that my wedding ring is looser (when I stop to think about what I am going to write I fidget with it).

Anyways, here is my pledge --

I guess posting it on here makes it more official.

I have been running 3.3 miles every other day and then doing the elliptical for an hour on the days that I don't run. It is hard but I am always happy and proud of myself after I am done.

I also have been eating so much better. My brother told me something that totally makes sense. He told me not to diet but to just watch my portion control. That because it is a life style change the last thing I want to focus on is that I am on a diet. I can still eat the ice cream but just half of what I would normally eat.

So now I am off to bed that way I can get up refreshed to run tomorrow. Do you work out? I am totally open to any tips that you can give : )!