Family Updates

Peeking out
Jan 12, 2011 001

I'm peeking out of my blanket this morning... to say hello... it's been a while.

The past few weeks, whenever I've thought that we're totally on the mend, someone else gets sick. There's another load of sick waiting to go through the laundry and rinse and wash and swish and spin and finally dry. Repeat.

But this morning, as the snow flew in the air, and everyone awoke from the first actual good nights rest that we ALL have had in what seems like forever... there's a light at the end of the January tunnel.

And while I wish I could say I've been busy packing, I haven't. I've been under blankets, by myself or with little ones in need of seemingly constant snuggles.

This morning, rested and housebound due to snow {not sick, thank goodness... } I snuggled on the couch with my husband and drank my coffee while Jack Johnson and his Bubbly Toes {click below to listen... good stuff} filled the air we breathed easy and the kids ran around and stopped to look at the mounding snow and it all seemed easy.

And it is so good when that happens.

Especially after everything seems so hard when filled with cold and chills and sore throats and sneezes and have to's...

So this afternoon the plan is to eat some fresh out of the oven bread and snuggle and play and dance a little. Maybe take a nap. Maybe head out in the snow. But ultimately, there are no have to's today. And when I realized that, I felt compelled to finally pull up the blog after nearly a week and spill some words and know that I don't have to be here. I want to be here.

It makes all the difference.

Jan 10, 2011 016