Family Updates

Chicken Taco Soup

I did this a couple of months ago as a guest post on @OttosMomBlogs blog but am still being asked about it so figured I would post it again but on my blog. I hope you enjoy!

Chicken Taco Soup is that one recipe that my family begs for. Every time I make it my dad is banging at the door making sure he gets a big bowl full (and extra for the next day). Plus with a little one I love anything that I can cook in a crock pot that will also make my house smell like I should work for the food network. So after much discussion on Twitter here is the recipe. I hope you make it, enjoy it, and worship me for it!

1.) So these are the things you will need to make this recipe -

2 cans of Rotel diced tomatoes with green chilies

2 can of chili beans

1 or 2 cans of Whole Kernal Corn (depending on how much you like corn)

1 can of Black Beans

1 package of taco seasoning

1 can of tomato sauce

3-4 pieces of boneless skinless chicken breast

And a crock pot!

2.) Add your chicken breast to the bottom of your crock pot

3.) Then add all the ingredients to the top of your chicken making sure the chicken is totally covered. I don't drain any of the cans. And I also add a lot of corn because the hubby LOVES it but you may not want to add so much.

4.) This is what it should look like after all the ingredients are added and stirred together.

5.) Now cook this on high for about 7-8 hours. About two hours before you want to serve it take the chicken out and shred it.

6.) And then stick the chicken back in, stir it, and cook it for another two hours so the taste really gets into the chicken.

7.) After another two hours it will be totally done. You can serve it with taco shells, shredded cheese, and sour cream. Or just by itself. And what I love is that it makes enough for lunch and dinner the next day. My hubby loves it so much he can eat it for two days and not get tired of it.

I would love to know if you make this recipe! And maybe any crock pot recipes that you have of your own!