Family Updates

Have I Told You Lately That I Love You?

Dear Mod Podge,
Sometimes I am not very open about my feelings. I use you every day and although I think you are OK with that, I need to start opening up more. I must tell you that there are others. I cannot go on like this, I think you would all like each other for your own unique qualities. You have been my rock, but sometimes I feel like there is something missing. Some of them have other things to offer. Like that sparkle I long for...

That artsy side...


The outdoorsy type...

The great fashion sense...


Some of them just really shine...

And then there is one with a whole new dimension...

I know that this is hard to take in, but I will never desert you, I will always need you and want you in my life. But if you can all learn to love each other and work together, I think we will have a great thing. For example, I made this trio of trees with the help of several of you. It was only possible because you all did your part. Thank you for understanding.

*On a side note, I used these ingredients as well...
Beads!

Pom poms!


Yarn!

Foam cones!

As well as acrylic paint, bells, and tacky glue. The yarn tree was possible thanks to Mod Podge and three shades of yarn, along with a patient hand. The beaded tree is held together by a strand of beads, tacky glue, paint, and a jingle bell! And last but not least, the shining red tree is due in part to acrylic paint, shimmer Mod Podge, and pom poms! Thank you to each and every participant!

It is hard to judge the price of these festive decorations because Mod Podge goes a long way. I can honestly say that I still have a bottle I bought of the original matte and I have been using it frequently since long before this blog was born. On another note, I have not been given anything to hype up this product, I honestly love it! I also love a *certain* blog written by Amy, who I am inspired by daily! To see an endless amount of projects to use this eighth wonder of the world on, check out her Mod Podge Rocks blog! I love my little trees and hope you do as well!

Foam cones: $2.00 each
Everything else: on hand or from dollar store