Family Updates

Pretty little Party

When I was in DC in early October my sister gave me a bracelet from a Stella and Dot trunk show she had just been to. I loved it! My sister has an entire bedroom devoted to her dressing room and what makes it so fun is the way she has everything organized, ( not to mention that it's all so pretty). I started going through her jewelry collection and found myself trying on so many of her pieces. She kept saying- oh that's Stella and Dot, that is too... on and on. I guess she's been on the circuit.

I had head about the brand, but never seen any of their jewelry. It's pretty, unique, well made, and wearable! I loved it. There is SO much variety in their collection too!

In the meantime, I had been trying to think of a nice way to get together a bunch of girls I have met over the summer. It seemed everyday I had met someone new that I wanted to get to know better or stay in touch with. I literally sat next to a girl at the beach one day and we talked for 3 hours, or there was a mom from Jack's school I bumped into at Starbucks- we sat for an hour and talked about HER move here from the East Coast. So on and so on.

I wanted to ensure I had the opportunity to see everyone again, introduce new friends to old and make sure I solidified these meetings with a follow up so they they knew I was sincere about staying in touch. The holidays followed by the long winter would come and I knew otherwise I would invariably "loose touch".

So I decided on the flight back to Chicago, that I was going to have an open house and invite a Stella and Dot Stylist to come as our activity. I wanted an easy, no pressure feeling to this event. I could have cared less if someone did not want to buy something but wanted to come. It was my way of having a reason to contact each other these people without planning a lunch / coffee date with 50 people, and including my best friends to a fun evening too!

It totally was. I had about 30 friends stop in an out and try on jewelry and chat. Monica our stylist was so much fun, she is so put together, enthusiastic and cool.

The icing on the cake of the whole fun evening is that the hostess gets a percentage of the total sales to put towards selecting her wish list... and 50% off of four items. Which is great because I used it all towards early holiday gifts for friends, teachers, babysitters and a few other deserving girls!

It was a great way to have a pretty little party that paid off in new friends and old and its so fun to just try on A LOT of gorgeous jewelry.

Here are some of my top picks:


I love this one!
It looks amazing layered with other necklaces-
And wraps three times as a bracelet.



Their Girls Collection is PINCH ME CUTE!


For the babysitters


Giuliana Rancic just wore this on her Chicago based reality show-
This is my top pick! It looks amazing dressed up, or with a t-shirt and jeans.


It was so simple to put this together- If you are interested- go to their website, and just enter your zip code. They will automatically give you the email and name of your local stylist! She will contact you and from there- get your guests list- and their emails. They have e-vites predesigned and chic invitations that you can print as well. They also have a gorgeous look book, and mini look books to mail or hand out so that everyone can preview prior and get your guests excited!

I dont sell this line- but you would think it sounds like I do- because it really is so well versatile, and gorgeous and quality. The jewelry is great- and everyone has fun and I'm all about getting everyone together for a toast- laughs- catch up- meet new people and have some fun as the focus!

Hope this inspires you to plan a fun get together and introduce old friends to new this holiday season.

If you live in Chicago and are interested- please email me- I LOVED my stylist and she has been amazing and fun. I would love to set you two up! If you live in DC area- I know a few lovely girls there that sell it too! As always, feel free to email me with any questions.

Here's to a gorgeous holiday season filled with friends.