Family Updates

Faux Oil Painting

The day of my wedding reception was also the day that the city of Hot Springs had 4th of July fireworks, and my reception site was lakeside, so the night was wrapped up with a beautiful display and great view! A good family friend took some amazing pictures, and I wanted to try to display some of them in a unique way. My local craft store had blank canvas on sale so I picked up a small canvas for less than two bucks and went to work. I printed one of my favorite pictures and wrapped it around the canvas like a painting would look. Next, I took my trusty Mod Podge and a hard bristled brush and laid it on thicker than normal, leaving the brushstrokes instead of smoothing it. The end result looks quite a bit like a canvas painting.

Canvas: $1.50
Print: Done on home printer...pennies

Total Cost: $1.50
Oil Painting Anywhere Else: $100.00 or more