Family Updates

Quiet time
April 13, 2010 039

I'm having trouble quieting my mind recently. Slowing down enough to let the creative inspirations simmer long enough for them to become expressible.

When the weather is nice we go and we go and we go. We go to escape the white walls of our yardless space. We go to be outside, to breathe fresh air, salt or otherwise. We go to be.

We stop when we're there, to take quick pictures before running after a child darting into a parkinglot or a little boy trying the monkey bars for the first time... in need of spotting.

And I take time to smile. And be present. And thankful.

When I'm present it's hard to escape to that writing place. To carve into childhoods and memories and life for that much needed creative time. Time to remember the fleeting thoughts written down on notecards and receipts.

Time. It's there for the taking if we want it badly enough.

So I've been told and have told others. And I believe it.

Time for quiet
time to turn off the tv
time to put the books down
time to listen to the heart and soul and inhale the stillness
and exhale the rewards

Time time time...