Family Updates

Today, I understood

There are days when I look at my kids and I'm awestruck. By their hearts, their beauty, their being. The hugeness of it all.

Feb 12, 2010 010

And I wonder how it's possible that they are their own beings, and yet so much like me. Like Lucas. Like each other.

Feb 12, 2010 024

It boggles my mind that I had a hand in creating them. I can't put into words what I feel... I'm amazed that they can think for themselves, that they have intuitions, that they function. Does that make any sense? They were just babies not that long ago, but now... now they have opinions and likes and dislikes. They're growing into themselves.

Feb 12, 2010 058

And we get to watch all of it. The stumbles and falls. The hopes and dreams. We get to see, and sometimes fear, that we live in them.

Feb 12, 2010 062

Today I stood back and watched my children explore a new place. I watched them learn new tricks. They jumped, and sometimes fell.

Today, I understood.

"Having children is like letting your heart walk around outside of your body." ~Author unknown