Family Updates

Cupcakes, New England Style
Feb 7, 2010 001

I've had cupcakes on the brain. The kind that go with big cups of hot tea or lattes, eaten with friends who don't mind if you talk with icing stuck on the corners of your mouth. The kind that's as sweet as the women around you, as yummy as the conversation at hand.

The kind of cupcakes you share with fellow bloggers.

That's right. Like at Cupcake '10.

I'm thinking New England bloggers need some of that love.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So what do you say? I know there are several New England bloggers, looking to connect with each other outside of this whole online thing. How do I know? I keep getting emails asking if I know other bloggers in the area, and when I say yes, it's almost always followed up with we should get together!

Lets!!!

It doesn't have to be anything formal, at all. Depending on how many people are interested, we could either do a lunch, a coffee date, or find someplace where we can spread out in comfy chairs - or even the floor - and sit with yummy treats and warm drinks and talk. Get to know each other, and dive into why we do this crazy thing that we spend hours on. Why we blog.

And I'm thinking the sooner the better. Yes, I'm attending BlogHer in August {I'll be the one double fisting Diet Coke's as to not be tempted by all the booze NYC has to offer... } but I think we all deserve a little treat to get us through until Spring. Plus, something smaller and not so overwhelming! So before our calendars get crazy with the chaos that comes with spring and summer, let's have our cupcakes. How about March 2oth or 27th? ** Editing to add that March 13th is also on the table... **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let's move forward with this! If you're interested, either leave a comment or send me an email (crnnoel at gmail dot com) and let me know where you'd be coming from, and what date you'd prefer, March 20th or 27th.

Once I have numbers, I can look into finding a venu that's fairly central. I'd love to find something similar to what the ladies did at Cupcake '10 {take a look at their site if you're interested, looks like they had a fabulous time!} I'm hopeful that if there's enough of us we could do something very similar fairly inexpensively, though I'm thinking more of a full day than an overnight. But I'm completely open to suggestions.

Even if it ends up being just a few of us, I think it'll be worth our time. The connections we've all made through blogging are so real, so much a part of {at least my} life. Let's take some time to honor our hard work and dive into a cupcake or two!

Spread the love, and spread the word :) A gathering of hearts and voices is on the horizon... {what do you all think of Hearts&Voices as a get together name? I've been struggling trying to come up with a title of our own... I kind of like it... }