Family Updates

Odds and ends

Because I'm still feeling a bit wonky... I figured now would be the time to tidy up some {fun!} odds & ends.

Last week, Cara from The Picky Apple left me a little treat, and bright and early this morning Kristin at Motherese left me a second helping of...

The Lemonade Stand Award

The Lemonade Stand Award is awarded for being a blogger who shows great attitude and gratitude.

Cara is one of the sweetest bloggers I've had the pleasure to get to know. On her site she shares valuable information on recipes, playdate ideas, craft projects for the little ones. And, most importantly, she has fantastic taste in boy names, and loves all things pumpkin and The Pioneer Woman as much {if not more!} than I do! I gobble up every post she publishes. If ever I find myself in her neck of the woods, you could bet your bottom dollar {or whatever that saying is... } that I will be sitting somewhere drinking pumpkin spice lattes with her, and the children will be having fun with toy tractors and firetrucks. Thank you, Cara, you made my day!

Kristen is a relatively new bloggging friend, but she is one of my first reads of the day. She's one that I have to let her posts digest a little prior to commenting, because she packs them with insights and thoughtful ponderings that are provoking and inspiring at the same time. Kristin and I share a love of Diet Coke, The Colbert Report, and mothering our respective two children. Like Cara, I would love to sit down with Kristen, I'm sure our coffee date would last no less than five hours. Thank you, Kristen, you made my morning!

So, now I wanted to pass along the Lemonade Stand Award love to the following folks who are a few that always look forward to reading:

Nell at Casual Friday Every Day, Jo at Mylestones, Tricia at A Bit More than a Journal, Kristen at Motherese (truthfully, I wrote this up last night when it was soley from Cara, and then this morning was pleasantly surprised with this award two fold from Kristen, but I'm going to include her still because she's just that fantastic!), Becca at Drama for Mama, Hyacynth at The Scoop on Poop and other Mama Dramas, Kim, Finger Foods & Sippy Cups, WackyMummy, Just another Reason to Eat Chocolate, and Tricia at Gardner's Have the Best Dirt

Like Cara mentioned when she doled out the award, I know not everyone has the time or willingness to participate. But if you do chose to, here's what to do:

- Put the logo on your blog or within your post.
- Pass the award onto 10 bloggers {I say as many or as few as you choose... }
- Link the nominees within your post.
- Let the nominees know they have received this award.
- Share the love and link to the person from whom you received this award.