Family Updates

Today, I don't mind

Today I don't mind that my wallet got ransacked by pint sized pick pockets

I don't mind that I have two little ones attached to me at the hip. That it's an I need to snuggle Mommy kind of day

I don't mind that I had to bribe Fynn with a chocolate donut in order to cut (or rather, recut from a hack job I did on Sunday... ) his hair

I don't mind that we all ventured out in the cold December air to pack into the car in our pj's to get above mentioned donut

and I don't mind that Paige fell asleep and that Fynn and I drove around eating our donuts pointing out horses wearing blankets in the snow and Christmas decorations to each other

I don't mind that I had to lay with my babies, one on each arm, me in the middle, as they drifted off to sleep at midday

I don't mind that in order to make the last batch of Christmas cookies we had to do so at the North pole

I don't mind the flour covered knees (mine and theirs)

the fingerprints in the cookies

the kids on the counter

the imperfect

today, I don't mind it at all

Dec 22, 2009 020
Dec 22, 2009 022
Dec 22, 2009 025
Dec 22, 2009 032
Dec 22, 2009 034

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My mother likes to say that the only thing constant about life, is change. I think she's got that right, especially when it comes to motherhood, emotions, and hormones. Most days, I don't mind. On days that I do, I am thankful of writing as therapy, and some wonderful friends for support. Thank you.