Family Updates

Silent, tiny tornados

Today I took a hot bath in the middle of the afternoon.

For real {and thanks to my fantastic mom and dad in law who spent some time with the little ones today}

I have never felt like such a lady of leisure. A hot bath, in the middle of the afternoon. And I did not hear a single peep from the children during that twenty minutes; no nagging to hop in to join me, no clawing at each other. Just peace.

Truthfully, I missed them a little. I always do when I have a few moments to myself. Something is lacking, something seems off, it's too easy. But in a good way. That time alone always leaves me a little refreshed and in a better mood to make light of sibling rivalry, spilled milk, and the crumbs on the floor that could feed an army.

I hardly rushed out. The water stayed hot longer than usual (you get more hot water when there's no one around in the complex... ) so I soaked until my fingers turned into raisins five times over and my skin was pink with warmth. When it was finally time to drain the water I sat still, knees pulled up to chest, watching the water flow down the drain. A silent, tiny tornado twirling around the drain. Water trying desperately to hold onto my body as it was sucked in to the twists and turns. And I didn't move. I simply watched the beauty of the storm, as it slowed and finally disappeared. Then I stepped out, sucked in the cold air outside of the bathroom, and made the giant leap back to the every day beautiful chaos that is my life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just want to say thank you all so much for the comments on yesterdays post! They were so encouraging, thank you. I'm feeling much better... just trying to remember to welcome any opportunity to slow down and enjoy the ride. So thank you, I can't tell you how much this whole blogging community means to me.