Family Updates

{our} Home for the Holidays

Today I'm linking up to The Nester's Christmas Tour of Homes. Her site always leaves me a little breathless with the possibilities for home decorating. If you haven't visited her {and now at her new address!} take a few minutes to explore her posts. She's a font of information when it comes to sprucing up your home with simple ideas.

At first, I wasn't sure I wanted to participate, but then I realized I had to. Partly to get over my insecurities of showing off our tiny little place... but mostly because I just love holiday decorating so much that I couldn't pass up an offer to show off a few of my favorite decorations!

So without further delay, here is our festive home!

I love how clusters or decorations look in various places through the apartment, high up out of reach from little hands

Dec 13, 2009 009

Handmade by moi, years ago...

Dec 13, 2009 010

Simplistic beauty

Dec 13, 2009 011

There's no right place for decorations in our house

Dec 13, 2009 021

Cookie cutters make for fun adornments to cabinets

Dec 13, 2009 017

A reminder of Fynn's first encounter with Santa ~ at 13 months

Dec 13, 2009 023

And this might be one of my favorite ornaments... from Lucas's first Christmas. It makes me smile every year, especially now because both of the kids love trains so much, it's perfect.

Dec 13, 2009 027

Please run over to The Nester and check out the other participants. Last I checked there were over two hundred links... so there is plenty of Christmas cheer to spread around and keep you going through the week! Enjoy!