Family Updates

Keeping up w/ the old school blogging...

Kim, who is a beloved bloggy/twitter friend who happens to be a friend of a very good friend, who I'll be hopefully having a girls night with soon because she's so hilarious and sweet (though because our schedules don't mesh we've only met ONCE!!), awarded me with the *ahem* Honest Scrap Award. A while ago... and I kind of forgot... (here's to honesty!) but now I've remembered and am picking it up!

So, the rules are that I have to write out ten honest true possibly scary things about myself. And share with you all. And then tag 7 other bloggers to do the same. We'll see about that... honestly, I'm not a fan of tagging people because I never know who really wants to play, or who would feel left out, or any of that! But we'll work on that ;)

Here you go... .

1. I love cheese. Like, so much I should think about moving to Wisconsin. I skip the crackers and just eat the cheese. Everything tastes better topped with cheese. I love cheese.

2. The first time Lucas told me he loved me, I said "no you don't", but knew he did, and knew I loved him, but for some reason felt the need to tell him he didn't. I was probably scared, knew he was the guy I was going to marry, but I was doped up on cold meds... still... no excuse, I still feel bad about that to this day! Thankfully, he still married me.

3. I am very very afraid of the dentist. Very. So much so that I will probably not sleep a wink the night before my next appointment (though that appointment still has to be made).

4. I love anything and everything pumpkin. Lattes, bread, muffins, cookies, candles, everything.

5. I have a very morbid fear of losing my husband and kids to a car accident. If you've read Cranberry Queen you can probably relate (though I think she lost her parents and brother, I can't remember... it was her family though)... scared the heck out of me. So much so that I hate driving on the highway with the whole family. I take a lot of deep breaths and hold the handle bar on the door very tightly.

6. I hate to exercise. Play, hike, walk outside? Sure! Go to the gym for an intentional workout? No thank you.

7. When I was little I lived in my own little world. My dolls had names and stories to tell, the back yard was full of possibilities, and I wouldn't have it any other way. It brings me such joy to see my kids imaginations start to form and run wild! Fynn paddled to China the other day, and I couldn't stop smiling.

8. I cannot explain why, but I feel so much more at peace since realizing my faith in God. I have a long journey ahead of me, but it's one that I'm excited about and feel at ease and comforted taking.

9. I get the feeling of deja vu quite a bit, and I sometimes feel like I saw things in a dream that actually happened, but it's fuzzy, and I'm never quite sure. Freaky!

10. I adore blogging. The community feeling it with comments and emails, the creative outlet, being heard... I love it all. And I'm proud of my blog, it's very me, and very close to my heart. I love what it's become and where it's going. Don't mess with a girl and her blog ;)

Here is where I'm going to get daring. I'm going to BREAK THE RULES! Because, frankly, as I mentioned above, I hate picking out people to tag for these things. And I already tagged a few bloggers in the last post.

So here's the deal. As a Christmas present to those of you who are loyal readers and commenters, I'm going to dish out this award. All you have to do is grab the button, post ten honest bits about yourself, and pass it along however you see fit. Then come back here and leave a comment saying you've participated.

Hope I haven't shaken things up too much...

Thank you so much Kim for the award! I'm so looking forward to our girls night soon :)

Now, tomorrow we'll get back to our regularly scheduled blogging... ... ... .