Family Updates

How we spent Halloween
Oct 31, 2009 016

Instead of dawning costumes and facepaint, we opted for a little more of a stress free Halloween this year. We headed north to Lucas's parents house, where the grandchildren were welcomed with open arms, donuts, and pumpkins ready to carve.

Oct 31, 2009 020

In lieu of trick-or-treating we had some silly swing times, followed by stare down contests with the jack-o-lantern. It's hard to tell who won...

Oct 31, 2009 035
Oct 31, 2009 047
Oct 31, 2009 065

This is the last year I think we can get away with a fairly quiet Halloween. We find out in about a month if Fynn has outgrown his peanut allergy, which we're hopeful he has... but if not, we'll deal with how to handle things like trick-or-treating with food allergies next year. This year was quiet, and pretty nice if you ask me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just an "administrative" note... this month I'll be participating in NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month). I'll be posting every day for a month, including weekends. It's not that far off from what I've done the past few months... but I figure it'll keep me honest, and motivated. Next year I might be brave and try NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) but this year I'm not quite that ambitious. Click over to the NaBloPoMo site to see who else is participating, there are some other fantastic blogs on their blogroll for November. Happy November!