Family Updates

For you, we blog

Recently I've been thinking about blogging. I keep getting the question from friends and family (who do not blog... ) "why?" Normally I say it's a hobby, keeps my mind active, etc. But aside from the whole closet introvert being able to get heard thing, it's really about community. If you're even remotely dedicated to blogging you're accepted into this crazy, unique, inspiring, caring, and heartwarming community. It's sort of like how you see motorcyclist wave to one another (or put their hand down, I'm not really sure what they do... ) Bloggers nod to each other in acknowledgement. In this one way, we're all the same. We rally behind one another, support each other, applaud and smile with one another. We are one.

Up until last night, I hadn't heard of Anissa Mayhew (how I hadn't, I have NO idea, after looking at her site she seems like the perfect combination of real, funny, and human that make me cry and laugh all at once, which you all know I adore in a blogger) But all of a sudden last night Twitter lit up with the hashtag #prayersforanissa and any fool would know something was up. Turns out Anissa is laying in a hospital ICU after suffering a stroke.

Now, I'm not going to pretend to know her. I'm not going to go on and on about her situation, because it's not mine to talk about. What I do know is that she has touched many people (some of my bloggy friends even... six degrees of separation and all that!). And I know that she doesn't deserve this.

So please, if you believe in prayer send up a few prayers for Anissa and her family. If you believe in hope, send a few wishes for hope for her. Anissa - know that we are all rallying behind you, and you are deeply loved. In real life, we'd all give hugs and bring your family casseroles. But for most of us, we will blog for you.

And seriously, this blogging thing, it's incredible. Don't underestimate the power of blogs.

Below are a few places you can help, and learn about Anissa.

Free Anissa (her site)

Aiming Low, Hope for Anissa

IzzyMom

The Spohrs Are Multiplying