Family Updates

The thing I don't talk about

I'd really like to write about my headaches. Or migraines. Or whatever they are.

But in doing so, I feel like a baby.

After all, they're only headaches. But they're so much more.

Debilitating doesn't even cover it.

I've had one since late June. Three months ago. Just about every single day.

I've tried ways to deal with them, but hardly anything works. We're working on it right now. Trying different options so I don't have to be heavily drugged around my children. To put it lightly.

That's the hard part. The kids. They deserve so much more. Not a grumpy mommy. When I have a chance to sit down, I do. Then I get called out.

"Mommy, please get off the couch"

Those words hit harder than anyone would ever know. Playing with my kids is what I live for. But sometimes it's hard to overcome the pressure, the pain, the mind numbing sensations that come with the migraine. But I don't want them to remember mommy being stuck on the couch.

They deserve so much more. I deserve so much more. To be healthy isn't too much to ask for. To be free of pain isn't too much to ask for. I'll get there, I know I will. I also know there has to be a way other than the medication. I hear whispers telling me to keep searching, keep looking for answers. They're out there. It's just a matter of time until we find them.

And we will. For me, for them, for us.