Family Updates

Fruitloops in unlikely places

Yesterday I walked around with open eyes and an open heart, waiting for my unwrapped moment. I looked, and looked, and started to get frustrated.

Then, it hit me. Well, it was more like it stared up at me from the pavement. We went for a walk on one of our favorite paths, and there it was. A fruitloop in the middle of the forest.

Seriously. There was a red fruitloop. In the middle of the forest.

How could that not be my unwrapped moment?

I've been a little out there the past few weeks. I've been enjoying my time, smiling, playing with the kids more than normal. I've been... happy. But I feel insane. For months I had a heavy weight on my head, but it's gone. I haven't wanted to write about it for fear of a jinx, but my three month migraine has departed - thanks to weekly acupuncture. It's been a miracle. While I can feel them at bay, they're manageable. Several times my husband will look at me and say "you're back". And that brings tears to my eyes. I was down, depressed, not myself. It took over me for so long that I have a hard time remembering what I was like prior to the onset of the lovely daily migraines. But I'm back. And it feels weird...

I feel like a fruity Arbor Mist in a wine rack of fine French wines. I'm giddy almost all the time. Energized, renewed, down right happy. The pain is gone and I can rejoice - though often times I forget why I have the energy I have, and why I'm as giddy as a two year old with a box of chocolates. I feel like a fruitloop in the middle of the forest.

And it took just that to get me to realize how good I feel, how thankful I am, how desperate I was to get back to me, and how prayers have been answered.

Oct 19, 2009 104

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please visit Emily at Chatting at the Sky for more Tuesday’s Unwrapped. You’ll find simple moments and simple mysteries unwrapped in everyday life. Enjoy!