Family Updates

Speed Bump

One day we were on a drive and the car started making a clinking sound. As soon as we got home we found something loose and fixed it. Lucas wanted to drive around to make sure the rattling sound wasn't there any longer. So we went for a drive, me behind the wheel, around our complex.

We have speed bumps. Sometimes they're in the most inopportune places. Like when you just start to speed up, boom, there's a speed bump.

In any case, I asked Lucas how fast I should go over the speed bump, to see if it would make the car rattle. He told me to go over it regular speed.

I looked at him, waited a second, then sped up to regular speed. 25 or 30 miles per hour...

And I went over the speed bump. At regular speed.

Lucas looked at me like I had five heads - rightfully so - and said rather loudly "I normally go over speed bumps a little slower than that!" and I retorted "but you said regular speed!!!"

Obviously he meant to go over it at the speed you'd normally go over a speed bump.

Doh.

We laughed for a minute. Then later as we were getting ready to go to bed we burst out laughing about the incident and I laughed until I cried. It takes a lot, and then again sometimes only a little, for me to laugh that hard. It's probably one of those you had to be there moments, but to this day, I still giggle thinking about going over speed bumps at regular speed.