Family Updates

Salt water kisses

{Seaside Beach Mermaid Print by Camille Grimshaw}

I remember being obsessed with Disney's The Little Mermaid. Spending summers on the beach, singing the songs from the soundtrack to the ocean. It wasn't the prince thing, or becoming human thing, but just the mermaid thing. I thought it would be so cool to live in the ocean. To have the best of both worlds, human, but not... and all those sea shells and treasures below the surf...

We've spent so much of the summer already at the beach. The kids love the water, and we're in it more than out. Just this morning we took a spur of the moment trip to the beach, spent an hour in the ocean and then came home for lunch and a birthday celebration that will commence shortly for my {not so} little brother.

I don't remember the last time I chose to dive under the ocean waters. But this summer I have. Countless times. The water is perfect, and my inner mermaid spirit comes alive as the salt water kisses my lips.

Last weekend Lucas and I were walking on the sand up in Maine, hand in hand. I told him that I hope he knows we'll live right on the beach someday.

He smiled and said okay.

He's the prince to my mermaid.
The best of both worlds.